Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Activities

I love to meet new people and know them. Later, I observe them and later, I absorb part of their activities as well. If you ask me, who inspired you to get into this activity, “I don’t know” will be the honest and right answer because I don’t track it, but I am planning to track it now

Shooting:

It’s been long time, I thought of “shooting” ranges. But I didn’t know where to start. I left it there as I had no clue on how to start it.
I have chosen to close this bad week end with a movie on Sunday night. My self and Subhash checked into “Due date” at regal cross roads, Bellevue. Movie is about two strangers who end up in a road trip for few days. It got some unusual action and unhealthy comedy sequences but not every movie is “hangover”. It still got some ridiculous comedy worth your ticket price. I enjoyed the movie and was happy to end the week end with a good note. Bummer, my car got flat tyred and I don’t have road side service covered in my insurance. So, estimated cost given by my insurance company is 68$ and minimum of 1 hour for towing the vehicle. I am used to these unexpected incidents which will test you during bad times. I called in Sajay (my roommate) and realized that we can fix it with the help of AAA and called them. I didn’t want to waste that lag time and I offered another movie to my friends  (movie after movie, I am fine with it unlike others). We started playing video game for 2 quarters and some gun shooting game. It triggered my interest towards shooting and I proposed it to my 2 friends there and they were ready for it. So, I made an enquiry with Wade’s guns, Bellevue. They offered a package for beginners. We visited them following week, there was a small training on how to handle the gun without hurting yourself and others. Trainer also decided that my left eye is dominant and I have to do left hand shooting. We took some easy targets and started off with 0.22 caliber pistols and then jumped on to semi -automatic pistol. It is a kind of experience I want to have again and I want to try more guns.

Whole big poker tournament and new rummy buddies:

On the same bad week end, one of my friends offered me to join their poker tournament following week. It’s just a 5$ check-in and far better compared to my 200$ investment for 0$ output. Again, I took along Subhash and Sajay with me for this tournament. This tournament went on for like 6 hours and finally I took a poor decision and got eliminated in last table. But, 6 hours for 5$, that’s like greatest thing for me. I just hopped on to my friends place (Bhanu) and we started rummy there, thus I got rummy buddies too. I came back home at 1 AM that night after lot of activities.

Rock Climbing:

When I been to hiking for my first time formally (I call it formally because I did many informal hikes at India), I was thinking about mountain climbing. But I don’t have any directions again. So I gave up. I was always impressed with TG’s activities. Her face book page is full with pics of so many activities. When my cricketing season is over, I immediately emailed her about snowboarding and rock climbing. Busy girl took a week to reply me and offered a free rock climbing training. Wohoo! What else do I need, a nice group and a nice start off, I happily accepted the offer and started off climbing yesterday. She helped with couple of easy climbs (5’6’’ and 5’7’’). I did 4 climbs well and 5th one, I couldn’t and I just gave up. I know I easily give up. Yes, something to work on. Thank full to TG.

Snowboarding, I am coming soon.

2 comments:

Subbu said...

I'm in for snowboarding...:)

Sudhie said...

You are in for Rock Climbing also, save some money for this month :)